Nigerian Senator, Dino Melaye, has narrated the circumstances that surrounded his alleged abduction which took place last week thursday, when he was supposed to attend a court sitting on the possesion of illegal firearms in his town, kogi state.
The senator told reporters yesterday that he was not abducted by some gunmen, who he alleged tried to attack him, but he fleed into the bush to avoid the attack.
Melaye said that he discovered that a siena car was tailing him when he left abuja for lokoja on thursday morning, after which the car overtook thiers and started shooting at them.He said when the suspected assassins realised that his vehicle was bulletproof, they stopped his movement and attempted to set his car on fire.
“When it dawn on me that they wanted to set my vehicle ablaze, I quickly opened the car and ran into the bush. I had to run for my life. Infact, it was the grace of God that made me to escape.
When I got into the bush, I climbed a tree and stayed there. While on the tree, I saw two of the policemen coming to look for me, but they didn’t know I was on the tree. I was in the bush for 11 hours.
My yonger brother who was in one of the convoy vehicles didn’t know what happened. So, he had to raise an alarm that I was abducted. He then went and filed a kidnap report at Gwagwalada police station.
At first, they wanted to act, but when one of them made a call, they started tossing my brother up and down, and asked him to go and wait for them at the scene, that they would soon join him. .
But he waited for more than 45 minutes, they didn’t come. So, it’s not true for the police to claim that none of my family members reported the matter.” Melaye noted that the claim that he staged his alleged kidnap to avoid attending the court session in Lokoja was false.
If anything should happen to me, the Nigerian Police and Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, should be held responsible.
I have survived four assassination attempts as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but the President has remained silent. Definitely, I’m going to call the attention of the international community.
BREAKING: IGP orders immediate disbandment of SARS
The new Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Ahmed has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Special Anti Robbery Squad(SARS).
A media aide to President Buhari, Bashir Ahmad announced this via a tweet this afternoon.
The tweet read:
“The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed A. Adamu has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Federal SARS, Special Investigation Panel and Special Tactical Squad. Details @PoliceNG,”
Recall, Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo had called for an overhaul of SARS in 2018, which led to the following changes:
1. The unit will now be known as Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS). “All SARS teams nationwide have been collapsed under FSARS,” read the statement.
2. A new Commissioner of Police has been appointed as the overall head of FSARS nationwide. The Commissioner of Police (FSARS) is answerable to the Inspector General of Police through the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Department of Operations.
3. The FSARS, previously under the Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigations Department (FCIID), is henceforth to operate under the Department of Operations, Force Headquarters Abuja.
4. As directed by Osinbajo, the FSARS will be intelligence-driven and will be restricted to the prevention and detection of armed robbery, kidnapping and the apprehension of offenders linked to the stated offences only.
5. New FSARS Commanders will be appointed across the country and operate in the State and Zonal Commands under the Commissioner of Police (F-SARS) at the Force Headquarters, Abuja. A Federal SARS Commander of a Rank of Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) but not below Superintendent of Police (SP) will be in charge of FSARS in State and Zonal Commands across the Country.
6. There will be Human Rights Desk Officers for FSARS in every State to take complaints from the public and forward same to Force Headquarters, the officer will be answerable to the Commissioner of Police (FSARS) at the Force Headquarters and not Commander FSARS in the States.
7. Medical/psychological evaluation of all FSARS personnel will be carried out immediately.
8. Redesigning of new uniform with identity name tags for all FSARS personnel throughout the country will be done immediately.
9. FSARS personnel will not perform Stop and Search duties except on distress call to respond to armed robbery and kidnapping offences only.
However the IGP however wants the squad disbanded this time around.
“Get well soon” Presidency replies Obasanjo
The Presidency has replied former President, Olusegun Obasanjo via a statement titled ‘Get well soon’.
The statement is in response to the Ex-President’s 16 page letter titled ‘Points for concern and action’ which was released yesterday.
The Presidency has advised Obasanjo that he’s in need of a good doctor and to ‘get well soon’ adding that he was a coward.
Read the full statement below:
PRESIDENCY TO OBASANJO: GET WELL SOON
The sixteen-page letter the former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari and released this afternoon is the last push by desperate politicians who can’t handle the President politically and have resorted to subterfuge.
Our first message to the former President is that he needs a good doctor for good treatment and to say to him, “Get well soon.”
As repeatedly said of him, since Chief Obasanjo left office in 1979, he never let every succeeding leader of the country function freely, and this included the one he personally handpicked against all known rules drawn up by the party that put him in the office of the President. But Chief Obasanjo is jealous because President Buhari has more esteem than him and the sooner he learns to respect him the better.
It is a notorious fact that in dealing with any leader that he failed to control, he resorted to these puerile attacks. As the grand patron, more correctly the grandfather of corruption as described by the National Assembly, Chief Obasanjo released today’s letter purely for the reason of rescuing his thriving corruption establishment.
The elections starting in February will be free and fair as promised the nation and the international community by President Buhari.
What Chief Obasanjo and his co-travelers in the PDP should expect is that from the outcome, we will teach them a political lesson that they will never forget. This margin will be much bigger than we had in 2015.
Claims that President Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have embarked on the president’s “self- succession project, by recruiting collation officers who are already awarding results based on their projects to actualise the perpetuation agenda, in which the people will not matter and the votes will not count” is not only utterly false, but a copious note from the book on the failed third term agenda of President Obasanjo.
The man, President Buhari who has taken Nigeria’s reputation to a higher level internationally and is working hard to improve on the records of elections he found in place cannot descend to the level that Obasanjo has himself sunk.
As for his attacks of the administration’s records in fighting corruption, what the former President said is no more than evidence that President Buhari’s war against corruption is succeeding. They thought it is all a joke.
A leader who took USD 16 billion “upfront” to supply electric power yet failed to add a single megawatt to the national grid and to date, there is no trace of the money is jittery that he will be called to account. He is a coward.
Chief Obasanjo, manifesting a confused state of mind blames President Buhari for the fall of Libya into a failed state and the unholy alliance between the Boko Haram terrorists and the ISIS, while at the same time calling it an African problem, saying “the struggle must be for all West African, Central African, North African and most East African States,” which really does not amount to saying anything new.
Nigerians looked up to him as a role model and a ray of hope to ethical and clean leadership until President Yar’Adua called him out to explain what happened to the sixteen billion dollars of taxpayer’s money. It is clear that with him sitting on top of the heap of corruption, he is no different from the crowd he leads.
This language of his 16-page letter, likening President Buhari to General Sani Abacha, a man he dreaded and the one who jailed him under military laws is most unfitting from a former President of Nigeria.
The claim that President Buhari has put in place rigging machinery is both outlandish and outrageous. We are unable to get the words to describe a 90-year old liar, except to say that by the publication of this tissue of lies against the President, he Obasanjo, not the President will fall from everyone’s esteem” the letter said
Man allegedly loses an eye searching for “spiritual sight” to win lottery
A 27-year-old man identified as Emmanuel (surname withheld) has lost an eye in his search for ‘spiritual sight’ to aid him win lottery games.
According to the News agency of Nigeria, Emmanuel sought the aid of a witch doctor in Ishiagu village, near Ogwashi-Uku in Delta State to acquire special sight for lucky numbers.
A friend of the victim, Osita narrated the journey of his friend which ended on the January 12, 2019 with the loss of his eye.
“He went to see a juju man to help him acquire spiritual sight so that he could be wining lotto games, popularly known as ‘Baba Ijebu.’
“He once told me that he was worried that he had been playing lotto games without success,” Osita said.
Osita narrated that Emmanuel had sought a witch doctor who assured him he would get the sight he wanted.
The witch doctor had then prepared some concoctions which he directed Emmanuel to ingest and apply on his eyes.
Emmanuel had gone about his activities secretively until he started to feel pains in his eyes. This caused him to cry out.
“He never told anyone what he did, but when he started feeling some discomfort in his left eye, he cried out.
“I heard about it from one of our friends; so, I went to see him, that was when he told me what transpired.
“He was taken to the hospital following a swollen eye, but no solution. Right now, he has lost his left eye,” Osita said.
An elder brother to Emmanuel, Justin, told NAN that the family is devastated by the incident.
“We don’t want to say anything about it. We are really shocked by Emma’s desperation. For now, we want to forget about the whole incident. He has his life to live,” Justin said.
NAN gathered from village sources that the witch doctor, whose name was not given, has since gone into hiding.
- Gossip1 day ago
Christianity in Nigeria is downright satanism- Daddyfreeze replies Rapper, Falz’s mother
- Latest1 day ago
‘Accept the challenge or hide your face in shame’, CUPP challenges Buhari to another debate with Atiku
- Gossip1 day ago
Fans confused as Bob Risky claims to have real breasts
- Latest23 hours ago
“Another Abacha era is here” Obasanjo accuses Buhari of planning to rig
- Latest2 days ago
Breaking: Atiku boycotts presidential debate as Buhari refuses to show up
- Nigerian news1 day ago
Why Buhari Didn’t attend Debate – Keyamo
- Nigerian news19 hours ago
Man allegedly loses an eye searching for “spiritual sight” to win lottery
- Gossip22 hours ago
Musician, Harrysong reconciles with former label