Airtime or credit is one of the most important benefits of using a mobile phone. Without it, you may not be able to stay connected with friends and family.
This guide from Dockaysworld will show you exactly how to borrow airtime from MTN in simple steps and everything you need to known about MTN Xtratime.
The airtime or credit you borrow from MTN will last until your next recharge or airtime top-up bundle. You can use the airtime to make business calls or make any online purchases without needing to borrow data directly.
With the introduction of USSD code to recharge or borrow credit by telecommunication networks, it is now convinent for users to access this services simply and quickly from their mobile phones.
On this article you would learn the step by step process on how to borrow credit from mtn, code to borrow airtime from mtn, how to borrow airtime via 606 IVR and the My MTN App.
Finally, you would also learn how to check XtraTime eligibility on MTN. So lets dive down immediately.
What is MTN Xtratime
MTN XtraTime is a service that gives you airtime when you run out of airtime and pay back on the next charge.
MTN XtraTime is only available for Prepaid customers eligible for MTN XtraTime added service. However, you must be a prepaid MTN customer for a period of time to be eligible for the XtraTime service.
How to Check XtraTime Eligibility on MTN
To check if you’re eligible to borrow credit on MTN,
- Dial *606# » select 1 to check eligibility
How To Borrow Airtime From MTN
You can borrow any amount of airtime or credit from MTN based on your eligibilty level.
Below is a step by step process on how to borrow Airtime from MTN.
- Dial *606# and select XtraTime on the on-screen prompt.
- A list of amounts you can borrow will be shown to you based on your eligibility level.
- Select a preferred amount according to your need.
- The network provider will then send you a prompt that shows you the loan you requested.
- Furthermore, a 15% service fee will be deducted from the borrowed airtime.
- Next, you will be provided with a prompt that will ask you to confirm the transaction.
- Confirm the transaction.
Subsequently, MTN will credit your XtraTime account for the airtime balance that you have already loaned. However, this is after deducting the fee from your XtraTime loan transfer
How To Borrow Credit From MTN
Borrowing credit on mtn is the same thing as borrowing airtime. Just follow the steps we already described above
Dial *606# and select XtraTime. A list of amounts you can borrow will be shown to you based on your eligibility. Select your preferred amount.
What is the Code to Borrow Airtime From MTN
The code to borrow credit from MTN is #606#
Dial *606# and select XtraTime – Your eligible borrow amount would be shown – Select your preferred amount and confirm the transaction.
Alternative Code To Borrow Airtime From MTN
The alternative code to borrow airtime from mtn is *123# below are the steps to do it
- Dial *123#
- Reply the ‘6‘ option (Borrow Airtime/Data)
- Select Xtratime or Moretime option from the list.
- Now, select the amount of airtime you prefer
How to Borrow Airtime From MTN Using USSD
- Tap *606#
- Select XtraTime.
- Proceed to select your preferred amount from the available list.
- The system will inform you the exact amount of money you will borrow, and if the requested fee is eligible for the choice you’ve selected.
- Your airtime balance will be subtracted from the service fee, and your XtraTime account will be credited with either the remaining airtime balance or a confirmation of your transaction during processing.
- You will receive an automated-generated message confirming your transaction.
What are the Eligibility Requirements to Borrow Airtime From MTN?
To successfully qualify to borrow airtime from MTN, you have to meet the following requirements:
- Own and use an MTN SIM card
- Be a Prepaid customer
- Have registered your phone number
- Have been on the MTN network for more than 3 months
- Have spent at least N200 monthly for 3 months
- Have between N0 and N75 in your main account
- Paid up any outstanding XtraTime loan request
How Much Can You Borrow from MTN
This depends on the eligibility of the prepaid customer. It varies from
What is MTN borrow Service Charge?
On MTN, there is an extra charge of fee attached to borrowed XtraTime. The service charge for this and the bundle fee associated is 15%.
Although, users are at advantage at this is not debited instantly, the bundle fee is debited from your account before your next airtime purchase and recharge.
This means that if your loan is ₦100, MTN deducts the sum of fifteen naira (₦15) allowing you to be entitled to only eighty-five naira (₦85) from the borrowed airtime.
Why so? This makes clearing the debt so easy. The next time you make a recharge or top-up your MTN SIM, probably of ₦100, it automatically gets debited and paid back to MTN.
If your loan is ₦500, MTN deducts the sum of seventy-five naira (₦75) allowing you to be entitled to only four hundred and twenty-five Naira (₦425) from the borrowed airtime.
If your loan is ₦1,000, MTN deducts the sum of one hundred and fifty naira (₦150) allowing you to be entitled to only eight hundred and fifty naira (₦850) from the borrowed airtime.
If you are recharging and your airtime exceeds the XtraTime amount you borrowed from MTN, then the entire airtime balance will go into your loan debt payment.
This video guide on how to borrow airtime from MTN might be helpful
How To Borrow Airtime Using MTN App
MTN has a MyMTN App for its customers. The app is available for download on the Google Play store and also on the Apple store.
MTN apps allow you to look at a range of services, such as registering for tariff plans, purchasing data packs, changing personalization, and purchasing airtime, as well as buying or providing data-related services.
- Launch the app.
- Navigate to the bottom-right part of the app launch screen
- Tap Recharge.
- A grid with a menu will pop up.
- Tap borrow.
- You will see a list of XtraByte and XtraTime loan options.
- Tap the XtraTime option that you think is suitable.
- There will be a prompt to confirm your loan.
- Tap proceed.
How To Borrow Airtime Via 606 IVR
- Firstly, dial *606#, and the system will indicate to you which language to choose.
- You can select English, Igbo Hausa, or Yoruba as your language of interest.
- Upon selecting your preferred language, you’ll be asked to select either XtraTime or XtraByte.
- Once you select XtraTime, the program will then play out which airtime amount you can borrow.
- You can ask for your preferred amount from the list. Then, you can select your preferred amount from the list.
- Furthermore, the system plays an announcement with the round sum and service charge for you to confirm the transaction.
- Once you make your transaction, the system will return the service fee, deduct the airtime balance on your credit balance and send you a successful notification message.
In conclusion, if you are looking for how to borrow airtime from MTN, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, always make sure that the amount of airtime you requested is necessary for the length of time you plan on using it.
Secondly, be sure to confirm the airtime with the network before making your request.
Finally, be aware that not all requests are granted immediately and may take some time.
So don’t hesitate to ask if you need further clarity on how to borrow credit from mtn.
Leave a Reply