What are the four subjects in JAMB for business administration you should know?
Economics, English Language, Mathematics, and Government are four subjects in JAMB for Business Administration.
The 2023/2024 JAMB subject combination for Business Administration has been released for UTME and Direct Entry students who want to study for a BBA in Nigeria. Selecting the right combination has a significant impact on the success of your 2023 school admission.
The course you’ve selected is competitive and knowing the prerequisites for it, will help you have a smooth registration and avoid mistakes as well.
This is why in this post we’ll be guiding you on how to pick the 4 core subjects you need for your Direct Entry and Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination this year.
We will also be answering other questions you might have regarding this process: like if math is compulsory for Business Admin in JAMB, the cut-off mark, the list of universities accepting this course and the requirements to study BBA.
- Why Study Business Administration
- UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Business Administration
- Is maths compulsory for Business Admin in JAMB?
- What are the JAMB subjects for Business Administration?
- What is the JAMB cut-off mark for Business Administration?
- List of Universities Offering Business Administration in Nigeria
Why Study Business Administration
Gaining a degree in Business Administration opens you up to numerous career opportunities.
As a Business Admin student who knows their onus, you’ll be needed by top firms, politicians, and other industries to assist in solving issues regarding managing organizations or businesses.
Mind you, this field is extremely competitive, primarily because students who study this course are sought after in areas demanding businesses and firms.
When companies need to measure their performance and how they do compare to their competitors, a Business Admin degree will teach you how to help them do these things.
After your four-year bachelor program at a Nigerian University, you’ll either become a business developer or an analyst.
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Business Administration
You can register for Business Admin in a Nigerian university, either through UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) or Direct Entry. Both subjects have their own set of requirements you need to meet, in order to be deemed eligible for this course.
We have sampled below the UTME and direct entry requirements to study business administration.
Direct Entry Requirements To Study Business Administration
- Two ‘A’ Level passes selected from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography, or Statistics.
- 5 credits scored in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE).
- Ordinary Level Credits secured in two sittings.
- Direct Entry form purchased from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and your choice university.
- Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications specified by the Senate of your University of choice; equivalent to numbers 1 and 4.
Note: In addition to these admission requirements, candidates must also meet the Faculty/Departmental entry requirements of their chosen University.
UTME Requirements To Study Business Administration
- Five SSC credit passes including in English Language, Mathematics, and Economics, plus any two subjects selected from Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
- UTME Subject combination for Business Admin – Mathematics, Economics, and one more subject.
Is maths compulsory for Business Admin in JAMB?
Yes, Maths is compulsory for Business Admin in JAMB.
If you wish to study Business Administration at a Nigerian University, work on improving your knowledge of mathematics because it is an essential quality for being a Business Administrator.
Subjects that are not compulsory for Business administration include – Government and Commerce
What are the JAMB subjects for Business Administration?
The main JAMB subjects for Business Administration are Mathematics, English Language, and Economics. Government or Commerce can be used to complete the combinations of 4 subjects.
What is the JAMB cut off mark for Business Administration?
The JAMB cut-off mark for Business Administration in 2022 is 250. This was announced by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. Candidates need to reach or surpass this number to increase their chances of admission.
List of Universities Offering Business Administration in Nigeria
87. Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State – Edwin Clark
Before you study Business Administration you’ll need to sit for 4 subjects in JAMB which are Economics, Mathematics, JAMB Use of English, and any other Social Science subject.
You also need to secure a minimum of credits (C6) in 5 core courses which include – English Language, Mathematics, Economics, Government, and Commerce.
There are over a hundred universities where you can study Business Administration in Nigeria. With these requirements and meeting the 250 cut-off mark, you should be able to get into any of them.