Ace Nigerian musician Promise Aloba Oladime aka Mohbad, has sent a notice of contract termination to his label boss Naira Marley over violent attacks and other issues.
In the letter addressed to the Marlian boss by Mohbad’s lawyers, the label boss was accused of orchestrating and carrying out the violent physical attacks himself. He has also accused of withholding Mohbad’s royalties for over 3 years.
Recall Dockaysworld reported that Mohad cried out some weeks ago, claiming that Naira Marley’s boys had beaten him up for wanting a change of manager.
Mohbad has now demanded that the logs and records of the digital sales of all his songs be released and that Naira pay his owed sum within one week.
The letter reads:
Azeez Fashola, Marllans Entertainment Limited
16, Kunle Idowu Street,
Silver Springs Estate
Agungl, Lagos Nigeria
The above subiect refers.
We are solicitors to Promise Aloba Oladime† professionally known as Mohbad, hereinafter referred to as our client. Our Client has reliably informed us of the following facts:
1. That you, Azeez Fashola professionally known as Naira Marley entered into an arrangement with our client as ‘Malians Entertainment Limited’ sometime in 2019, wherein you released and monetized songs made by our client from the time of the arrangement fill date;
2. During the period of this arrangement you orchestrated and carried out violent physical attacks on our client, causing grievous bodily harm and threat to the life of our client.
3. In contravention of the terms of the arrangement between our client and yourself, you have failed to pay any advances as mutually agreed by both parties since 2019 fill date:
4. You have also failed to pay all royalties due our client from all his intellectual property works monetized, released and utilised by you from 2019 fill date.
5. That due to the direct contravention of the terms of agreement, as well as the criminal acts of assault and battery against our client, he
Scanned with CamScanner
has decided to terminate the arrangement effective from the 7th of October, 2022
7. Sequel to this termination we therefore demand the following: i. The logs and records of the digital sales of all songs by our client released and utilized during this period (2019 – till date) and payment of the monetary value in respect thereof due to our client within 7 (seven) days of your receipt of this letter. i. The immediate handover of our client’s entire catalogue of songs released prior and during the arrangement with you.
Please accept the assurances of our professional regards as we anticipate your immediate cooperation
For: Clipeum Partners
See letter below
Leave a Reply